catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 09, 2022 at 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
1953 model here. I remember flying on an airplane across the US FROM L.A. To Kansas. It was pre-jets & had 4 engines. Going through a thunder storm one of the engines went out & they shut down the other one on the other side to balance it out....me, I was sure we wete going to crash....happy landing....no problem.

Haha! Ohhh, noooo!

I do remember when people began talking about "jet airplanes." My parents used to take me to visit family in NYC when I was young and (of course you'll remember this) people got dressed in their finest to fly. It was nice. And the stewardesses were so cute, all matching with little hats. Geez, the most recent time I flew I wore pajamas on the plane.

I remember the black & white tube TV before electronics....no color TV in our house till mid 60's.

We had an old B&W until 1976. My mom never watched TV and she wasn't about to spend money on a "new one." That B&W was older than I was, no kidding. But the new color TV had pong on it

Party line phones were so much fun to find out what your neighbors were up to.

We didn't ever have party lines here, but my best friend in La Vernia (near San Antonio, TX.) did. When I visited her she'd let me listen in on the party line. So strange! I'd never experienced anything like it. I still can't understand...how can people have a private conversation when they have to know others are listening? But my party line experience was in the late '80's and '90's.

Don't remember a lot about my childhood. School was fun & an escape from home. My mom didn't drive so had no way to do anything outside the neighborhood so school was my escape & learning was what I was sure was my way to a better life

Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane, eskie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuseumGhost