Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 09, 2022 at 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
70s kid here, and a teen of the 80s, I grew up without central heating - all we had for heating was a gas fire in the living room. In the winter it was so cold there was frost inside the windows upstairs, that was normal back then. With the current energy crisis people are remembering it again as many can’t afford to put on their heating.

Mum made almost all my clothes as a kid, that wasn’t unusual then, I look back at the photos and smile as I remember each dress she made me including my favourite rainbow one. I wasn’t fashion conscious until my teens in the 80s when I liked to go to Top Shop and Etam. I loved roller skating too and the roller discos were my favourite. Pac-Man and space invaders were the arcade games we loved to play, this was before the consoles came out - when they did they were basic, Atari with pong, basically a dot on a screen and two goals each side! They developed pretty rapidly though and we had better games like Frogger were you had to dodge across the road.
My mom made lots of my clothes. It was gorgeous too. She was very crafty. Knitting sewing. I even had a coat hand made. Sweaters. Skirts. Dresses. I had a hand knitted sweater with the night sky and a little village in the back. It was dark navy with yellow moon and stars. So pretty
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Discombobulated, MuseumGhost