View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,775 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Nov 10, 2022 at 12:25 PM

I see you're in France, and I was under the impression attitudes are more open minded than here in the US....

The unemployed or long-term unemployed, are instantly stigmatized here. You're expected to find work in an arbitrary time frame of 6 months, after that you're treated like road kill. We do victim blaming or shaming here a lot, and it's tragic people are defined what they DO here. You have to be either working or in school, if not you're "lazy".

Anyway, I feel for you and can relate. The longer it goes on, the harder it is to keep going, I know. I was once given a chance by a company then they let me go in just 2 weeks. I'm still reeling from it.

Yaowen is right that it's extra brave to do it with COVID still around and the price of things. Now the big guns like Facebook and Twitter are letting people go, owned by 2 of the richest men on earth. They are "sorry". Yeah, I bet.

All I can go is send you hugs and let you know I feel your pain. Age is a barrier too, as I'm in my 60's and there's certain types of work I'm just not physically capable of doing. Or certain hours of working, like 8pm to 1am. NO WAY.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448, HuggyBear, stahrgeyzer