Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,836 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Nov 10, 2022 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
I absolutely agree with everything you said, I really dislike the forced family and even coworker interactions and the obligated gift exchanges. The holidays are full of obligations people really don’t want to do and it shows too, I’ve heard people outright admit they don’t want to see certain people or exchange gifts but they feel like they have to.

Also the cheerfulness is definitely forced as well, I can understand putting on a facade for the kids but it is energy draining and I’ve actually noticed that people seem happier and more relieved when the holidays are over. I also don’t like decorating since it’s such a waste of money and I've seen full blown arguments take place over decorations especially if things don’t work and it’s incredibly stupid, also I’ve seen people get offended if they don’t get what they want or don’t get anything at all and it causes unnecessary tension and drama.
Thanks, you made my day.

It's definitely energy draining, especially when forced. Decorations are pretty but I don't understand people getting into arguments over something, I think, is trivial. When I think about the country's and world problems, does it really matter if the tree is real or not???

You reminded me of how many years ago, when I was only in my 20's, I went to the bank and the teller asked me about the holidays. I said they were good (back then they were), and I asked how about her. She said yes BUT also "I'm glad it's over."

NOW I get it. Took me 40 years but I get it now. It's not happy for everyone and for many reasons. Yet it's forced on us, along with positive thinking. (I'm going to read a book: "Bright Sided- How positive thinking has underminded America", something like that) I once went to what was supposed to be a presentation on how to survive the holidays. The stupid psychologist said things like "Have a positive attitude" and "Surround yourself with loved ones." Well, DUH! IF you HAVE loved ones. WTF??????

I still enjoy my snowman lamp, as it represents not just the holidays but winter. He's very cute on cold nights. But each year I get out less and less, and about 20 years ago I gave away almost all of my decorations. There's people in my building that already have up Christmas decorations. They seem really into it, as they don't miss a beat each year. I hate seeing it but can't avoid it.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15