Cocosurviving
Elder

Member Since Sep 2012
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 12, 2022 at 12:01 AM

Greetings everyone!

I’ve always enjoyed reading. I noticed over the last few years, my autoimmune illnesses and rare illnesses have negatively impacted my vision (more and more). I took control of my health (transitioned to vegan) and it’s been a full circle of change except my vision.

This is not a sad post at all. In fact, I’m preparing (a lot of studying) to return to the workforce, after my son graduates high school (May 2024).

I’m excited but also nervous about ending my social security disability insurance benefits….fearful of my health taking a turn. I’m pacing myself and not going to overdo my spoons.

I’m returning to the tech industry and need to find a solution.

•I’ll need a platform with an extensive collection of software programming books, data science, statistics etc.

•The option for listen and read, I need to visually see the pages.

I listen to multiple podcasts Mon-Fri. I believe[emoji848] listen and read audiobooks will work for me.

Question [emoji2326]
What are your personal experiences (reviews) with
Audiobooks.com vs. Audible by Amazon ?

I watched multiple reviews on YouTube. Apparently Apple Books does not offer a monthly subscription. I have an iPad and other Apple devices.

Audiobooks.com - Doesn’t allow you to keep books you purchased and has less books than Audible by Amazon. I’ll verify this, I definitely need to keep books for work.

VS

Audible by Amazon- I gathered the best plan is the one year (pay in full vs monthly), 12 book credits and you can purchase books for $9.99.

I believe after the first year, you receive 12 credits, but books you purchase cost more. I have to verify this.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata
Cocosurviving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote