Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
437 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 12, 2022 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I get fairly regular short periods of irregular heartbeat. They seem to come-&-go. (I haven't done anything about it.) Anytime I've seen a doctor for other things (which hasn't been often), and they've listened to my heart, they apparently haven't noticed anything unusual since they've never said anything. Many years ago, I was told I had a heart murmur. But it's been a very long time since anyone mentioned that. So I presume it took care of itself... which, I guess, they sometimes do.
I hope anyone out there who is experiencing heart issues will get professional help (as you did). You may already know this, but there are differences between a heart murmur, an irregular heartbeat, and atrial fibrillation.

This is from Healthline -
Quote:
Atrial fibrillation (also referred to as AFib) is a type of arrhythmia. An arrhythmia refers to a heartbeat that is irregular, too fast, or too slow. AFib is one of the most common types of arrhythmia.

Though AFib may seem harmless, the American Heart Association warns that it is a serious health condition. It increases your risk of other potentially deadly conditions, including:

Heart failure. People with AFib are twice as likely to develop heart failure.
Stroke. People with AFib are five times as likely to develop a stroke.
Heart murmurs are not necessarily a sign of AFib. Murmurs are related to how blood is flowing through your heart, particularly the valves that connect the chambers of your heart.

AFib, on the other hand, is related to electrical impulses that have become chaotic or disordered and result in an irregular, slow, or fast heart rate.

Last edited by shakespeare47; Nov 12, 2022 at 04:58 PM..
shakespeare47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady