884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 16, 2022 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
I have 2 of them.

and one of them has a picture of cuella de vil on it. woo
nope never had one. they were not invented in my childhood.

I am asked on many forums why I dont do what others on the sites do.. post having childish things as an adult...

my answer was / is always because my childhood was so traumatic, I have no wish to re traumatize myself by bringing anything that would remind myself of that traumatic childhood into my adult hood, instead if I find ways to self soothe and self-nurture in more adult appropriate ways.

that does not mean Im not in touch with my child with in. everyone in normal life, at some point in their lives feels like they did as children. I just find adult appropriate ways to do things. I don't drink out of sippy cups I drink out of regular cups and glasses like adults do.

besides sippy cups not being invented when I was a child, I dont crave or wish for suckling on things because of the type of abuse I went through, it actually makes me queasy and flashbacks galore to even think about my using any drinking objects that requires a sucking motion like a sippy cup. I can only imagine what going out and buying a sippy cup would do to me today now that they are available everywhere..

I also remember as a child thinking "I cant wait to grow up, be an adult". now that I am an adult, I rather enjoy the adult side of life, making my own decisions, having control over my own life and what I do in my own life is my own choosing, no one telling me I have to go to bed now, no one telling me I have to eat my veggies, no one in control of me but me and my own choices good or bad.

yea no sippy cup here to remind me of childhood and being a traumatized child. bottom line Im an adult capable of drinking out of normal cups and glasses. So I do.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady