Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 17, 2022 at 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakespeare47 View Post

It's gotten to the point where I don't feel comfortable sharing with her my most intimate thoughts.

Quite often her comments and actions suggest that she can't even hear my point of view - and sometimes it appears that she intentionally misunderstands.
It was this way with my abusive husband. I stopped sharing things with him because of the way he would react - and typically, he would have a condemning or a critical response, or he would argue with me, or he would twist what I said into something it wasn't at all and would seemingly intentionally misunderstand me or he would take what I said as an attack on him. Either way, it was always a negative response to whatever I shared that was intimate or vulnerable about myself, so I stopped sharing. When you stop sharing yourself and your vulnerabilities, it's not a good sign.

Your wife is supposed to have your back and to be supportive and understanding of you. Instead, she chooses to make a public issue out of you driving separately, and make it known to others that you may be uncomfortable This is not having your back - that is stabbing you in the back.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shakespeare47, unaluna