catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 17, 2022 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I’m struggling to understand why she would object to you turning to your parents for support? That doesn’t sound like a loving reaction to me.

Do you think it’s jealousy of your relationship with them? Do you feel she’s trying to isolate you from outside support?

I have read only parts of this long thread, so I may be commenting entirely off the mark. So just in general - I never discouraged my husband's relationships with his parents. In fact, I was the one who "taught" him to send cards for every occasion, to call them for other reasons besides money, and so on.

The problem is that my husband's very wealthy and influential family ran (runs) our lives. His allegiance has always been to them, not to me, not to our children. He is their puppet. They hold the emotional and financial strings. They never permitted him to become a mature man, only a grown boy, forever dependent upon them, forever incapable of being an adult husband and father. He cannot take a step without asking their permission. Of course I resent them - and him for not breaking away and growing up.

It is impossible for us to know why our friend RDMercer's wife resents him turning to parents.

I really do wish we could hear from both people in the marriage.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108, Discombobulated