catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 17, 2022 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 185329 View Post
I can relate to the whole psychiatrist only wanting themself to be happy, at the expense of the patient. That's how I feel everyday, only it's not just limited to my psychiatrist. I feel "locked up" inside. And my thoughts feel suppressed, too. It's like my psychiatrist only wants me to think what they want me to think.

Your post gave me a smile. Yes, psychiatrists often want that, too, but I was referring to my husband, sadly

With regard to pdocs, however...far, far too many pdocs and PA's and MA's are licensed and practicing, but should not be. And many therapists, who should not be in their field. But something to remember - plenty of the professionals we see graduated with mediocre or poor grades. Just because they have initials after their names doesn't make them talented.

I've seen A LOT more talent with people from hair stylists - and I am very, very serious. I booked time on the afternoon of my birthday with my hair stylist, not with my therapist. 'Nuf said about who I'd rather spend quality time with.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear