mote.of.soul
Mad Walker

Member Since Jan 2018
21.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 17, 2022 at 07:09 PM

Yes Fuzzy I hear you.🙏

I do know about, and know of, people who use the "HALT = hungry, angry, lonely, tired" technique, yes. Right at the start of my journey into self-change, the HALT concept was (and likely still is) emphasised quite a bit in the alcohol/drug recovery sphere - as a self awareness to help regulate the person's responses to, in particular, triggering stimuli. It's asking the person who might be struggling within themselves, to look at those 4 fundamental areas and to address them in the moment or just in general, as a way towards a more stabilised inner self. And I really do think there's positive value in that Fuzzy. It's not saying those 4 areas are the only things to change or be aware of, but the psych world does identify them as key areas. And I'd agree to that extent.

It's interesting because even just last night after someone on the internet said something horrible about animals which triggered in me quite an extreme (I thought) emotional response of inner rage, hate; I said to myself 'look at the HALT symptoms'. And I was in fact hungry and tired, and of course lonely, so I just decided to try and let go of the feelings and make an early dinner, which I did. After that, I just let everything wash over me then went and had a lie down. That was it. And that's a far more healthy approach than what I would've done before I became aware of any self-change techniques like HALT.

Thank you Fuzzy.🙏

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, lemonSys, lizardlady

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, lemonSys, lizardlady, moodyblue83, pachyderm