View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,627 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 18, 2022 at 06:45 AM

So, yesterday I realized how isolated I truly feel lately. I spend my week days home working, all alone. Most days, I barely talk to anyone. I do have some meetings here and there with team mates, or I sit in and shadow a client call, but I spend 40 hours a week at home alone. Then I am alone at night and also on the weekends when I go out by myself.

My main point: I received a job interest from an executive recruiter. The job would be in an office 2-3 days per week. My current company is 100% remote - my CEO lives in Texas and I am on the East coast. This other company is local to me, in the neighboring town, which would help me to get out of my house and it would help resolve the isolation factor.

But I am afraid.... I am worried I killed my career because I had to take off an entire month from work, and now I am only doing support work for my team, when I should be managing clients.

I don't know if I should tell my interviewers that I had to take a month off due to medical reasons and therefore, had to reduce my job responsibilities?????

I don't know what to say or what to do about this with this recruiter. Do I tell the truth but not mention having to take a month off from work? Do I put on my resume that I am doing support work and content development work, or do I lie and pretend I am doing the job I was actually hired to do?

My mom thinks I should tell the truth. I could leave off my resume that I am doing support work for the team, and I could simply put that I am doing content development work? Content development looks better than support work for my team.

I need your input and advice here, please... thank you!!!

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Nov 18, 2022 at 07:30 AM..
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote