View Single Post
Aurelius710
Elder

Member Since Oct 2015
1,675 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 18, 2022 at 08:53 AM

I was finally able to get the meds I've been waiting three days on. I've been trying to get them to the pharmacy I spend the most time near (as I split time between three different locations), but, to put it charitably, bureaucracy made sure nothing got done in the short term. The Klonopin is one thing (as it's a controlled substance), but the Wally World pharmacy wouldn't transfer the other two because the last refill was used (but not picked up) at another Wally World pharmacy and as far as they were concerned, that meant I had no prescriptions to transfer despite the fact I had the exact same prescriptions available to pick up at the other Wally World. You'd think this kind of thing would be easy for a company like that, but apparently not.

Speaking of meds, Klonopin. My first experience with the drug (during my first IP visit) left a lot to be desired, as
Possible trigger:

I must have a particular sensitivity to the drug, as I took the low dose prescribed by my PsychNP and I was asleep for a good nine hours. Being too sleepy to care is nice for evening time, but for working time, well, you get the idea.

An aside: I had a bizarre dream last night. All it was was spam. I was surfing through an email spam folder deleting stuff. The "spam emails," the few I remember, were related to issues in my life I could stand to cut out. Not a particularly subtle metaphor, but I had to give my subconscious points for creativity!

Work was particularly stressful. I had a few individuals who could not comprehend that I, as a third party, could not make "executive decisions" on their behalf. Basically, they wanted money back over an item they would not provide proof of purchase for and bristled when I asked them to verify it another way, annoyed that I wouldn't just trust them. I have a motto for situations like that: "In God We Trust, All Others Verify." Works for a lot of forward facing jobs. At any rate, they kept pushing me, the third party with no real power here, for an hour and a half. I was just holding it together by the end.

Today should be OK. I have some paperwork to make up and I'm in the other store, so it should be a breather.

I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear (Dune)

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bizi, Fuzzybear, MuddyBoots, Nammu

Thanks for this!
bizi