Have Hope has no updates.

5 yr Member
3,619 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 18, 2022 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Im not sure that a new job is the answer to your solitude. It seems like there may be other solutions to the problem that dont involve changing jobs. You could volunteer. That way you could interact with people but not affect your livelihood. Why not wait a little longer for current job to return you to previous status?
I see your point. I should clarify further and give more details - that may help in this situation.

So, I do not know if there is a future for me in my current company. My job responsibilities do not spell out a specific career path, and I don't right now see how I can progress within the company - there's no clear path for me there, in other words. To eventually move up from my current role as it is today seems impossible to achieve. I could move into more of a content role, but they're not moving me anytime soon.

This other job opportunity is a hybrid and managerial role that involves responsibilities I think I would like. It's also in a college setting (a well known local university/graduate school), so I would be able to switch out of digital marketing agency life. I don't really want to be in an agency anymore.

The other factor involved is the beyond high expectations of work performance in my current company. My CEO is a perfectionist, and that creates the feeling that the work you do is never good enough. She will always find fault with something you do. I cannot stand that aspect of my current job - the flip side and positive side is it's not a toxic work environment otherwise.

I think most importantly, since I had to reduce my job responsibilities in my current job, I'm afraid that there's no real future for me there. I'm kind of in a no-man's land position that they had to create for me as a result of my mental health breakdown. Now that I am recovered, I don't know where it's leading to.

I hope this helps.... ? Many thanks!

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote