NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
261 hugs
given
Default Nov 19, 2022 at 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Just a side note - there are google map directions. Why would you ask a human if they are so easily and readily universally available?
Perhaps I wasn't clear, I was asking directions for what I needed to do on the day of the procedure. Ie.. does the person I bring have to stay the entire time. etc. The forms they gave me were unclear and I didn't want to show up with a "ride" and have them tell me I couldn't have the procedure, because they needed someone to wait around for me.

I have been to my GP and ENT. GP said, talk to the gastro... ENT did a scope and the area down to my Voice box (all they can see) is fine. She did see some inflammation but she said that could be a zillion minor things. She also said I should talk to the Gastro.

So I ended up calling back and getting an appointment. In someways this is better because it is a better day for me... but I have concerns about doing it on the week after xmas. I remembered when I had a colonoscopy (at a different place) the woman at the desk was crazy rude but everyone in the back was excellent. So I reconsidered. I know I will just continue to torture myself until I get this procedure. And ultimately this will give me insight into if I have GERD or anything else wrong.

I just don't know about the therapy because I am not getting a lot out of it. My stress at the moment is the swallowing and I know the moment I get the test it will all go away. The problem is that about every 3 months I have a 'scary symptom'. I don't know that therapy will stop that.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated