lemonSys [ old stuff is different and new now ]

1 yr Member
228 hugs
given
Default Nov 19, 2022 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
Possible Trigger

I knew someone who experienced severe depression (possibly for years). In therapy, with a good therapist, she found that the depression was in one of her parts (not in the whole of her, or her whole system). This has been helping her...

I had a ''professional'' (or he had me) who snarled at me and put me down when I told him I had a teddy bear for my inner cub. He had previously asked me what her name was and talked about......(I won't post that as it would probably be triggering to some people )

I wasn't harming anyone He was a complete loser and A hole. I doubt if he even ''achieved'' a mediocre university degree... yet he was out there, ''helping'' people and ''diagnosing'' them.

I bearly (spelling intentional) think of him any more. I didn't appreciate being traumatised by him though in addition to being traumatised by the parental units.

Please feel free to NOT respond to this post if you do not ''like'' it. Thanks

Respect to all

Thinking of deleting this. Hope everyone is safe tonight
Please don’t delete! I appreciate you being brave and saying all of this. It’s your truth, your feelings, your experiences and every word is VALID!

Unfortunately, there are “not so great” people out there in all the helping professions. We, the consumers of any service, but in particular the helping services, aren’t hesitant to praise good qualities/outcomes/characteristics/persons in general, but we are hesitant - afraid even - to point out the bad of all those. This is important information for other consumers to have to make informed decisions. This is important information for the providers to hear in order to self-reflect, learn, grow, and, hopefully, become a better helper to others - I realize the “not so great” ones likely won’t make the effort to listen and reflect and grow, but I can hope and try to believe in humanity (at least part of the time I can).

Anyhow, I said all that to let you know I think this post of yours took guts, that I, and others, are glad you spoke your truth, and I think/hope it will help others speak their truths, too.

— lemonSys

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear