Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
Default Nov 19, 2022 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowerchild25 View Post
I’m so discouraged about my weight. I’m trying to lose but I’m so hungry. I guess it’s haldol. I don’t know what to do. My other symptoms have gotten better, even the restlessness, but I can’t lose any weight. I don’t even want to go to a physical. I forget which one I was on two years ago when I managed to lose 30lbs I actually don’t think I was on anything because I had been doing so well. But now I’m too afraid to be without one. It’s recommended online to exercise 1-2 hours A DAY to combat AP weight gain who has that much time??? Or energy? Am I supposed to be at the gym from 7-9 every night? I can increase from 30 minutes I think, I’ve gotten a bit more fit, but I just…if I could just eat less! But I’m so hungry!

I dunno. I have a pdoc appt next week. I’ve heard abilify doesn’t cause a lot. I know geodon doesn’t. I’ve been on geodon a couple of times, it just wasn’t that effective. Didn’t really do much either way. Maybe the pdoc will have an idea. I do like her.

Oh well. Next week is thanksgiving anyway. I’m cooking dinner for my boys and I. I like having it be just us. I’m gonna try to get my mom out of the house and come by but I will probably be unsuccessful. I’m making a turkey breast, mashed Yukon gold potatoes, candied yams (just a two yams, RS doesn’t like them) green bean casserole, and biscuits. I hope it goes better than last year. Last year I turned the oven off halfway through somehow (it was a new oven fancy oven and I didn’t quite know how to use it!) and didn’t realize until an hour later! Dinner was delayed until like 6pm.

We’re going to my aunt and uncle’s for dessert which I didn’t want to do but I decided to be the bigger person and go. I just don’t want to be around my cousin. After he sent a nasty, petty note with his response to my wedding invitation I have no desire to ever see or speak to him again. But I will not sink to his level. I don’t even really have to talk to him at all. Just a polite hello and that’s it. At least I don’t have to make dessert as well!

Hey girl !

Oh the joys of weight and psych meds.

I recently lost 20 lbs and I did it by going Keto. I can’t do full on Keto everyday but it did help. Not sure how much I’ve lost now , it’s been a month since I weighted myself. I’m not going to fixate on the “ number” but now my clothes are fitting better . I like Keto because I can load up on proteins and veggies so I won’t feel hungry and deprived.

I’m sure your holiday meal will be amazing this year! Hopefully your mom will get out and come for a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Nammu

Thanks for this!
*Beth*