View Single Post
unlived

Member Since Mar 2013
Default Nov 20, 2022 at 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I told my mom the other day when a commercial came on for a psych med and the lady asked her doctor "what do you think about this med?" And the doctors says "it could help." That that is a very unlikely scenerario for a pdoc appointment. The pdoc would probably get mad that the client is suggesting trying something or they will just say they are drug seeking. I got yelled at by my pdoc for suggesting a new med. Told no for an increase when I called a month ago. Then this last time the other day I got told "we'll talk at your next appointment."

I’ve actually always been allowed to try what I wanted to try except for once when I wanted to try amitriptyline and the psychiatrist thought I was too high a suicide risk at that particular time for that particular med. But every other time - in hospital and in community mental health and in private mental health I’ve always been allowed to make suggestions and try them. I guess they figure you’re more likely to stick to taking them if you choose them. Maybe it’s a difference between countries too. My GPs have been the same with most meds too - if there are options they give you the choice as long as you can make an informed decision,

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Aurelius710, Nammu