catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 20, 2022 at 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
We. Have a lot of Nigerians, Asians and a small Mexican population now. Their are 41 non-English languages spoken at the High school. The white population here is aging out.

How interesting! The city I come from, Sacramento, is one of the most diverse in the nation. That said, I grew up in a secluded suburban neighborhood that was all white, with exactly one exception - one black family. None of us even thought of the black family as "different" because we didn't even know what "different" was.

When I went to high school we were "bused into" (what a term) an urban high school in the center of a black ghetto. A real city school. Large, multi-cultural, all sorts of religions, sexual preferences, economic situations - and whites were the minority. I loved it. I was fascinated by all the richness, the opportunity to learn about so many types of people. The most wonderful part of it was that I never once witnessed any issues between cultural groups.

I knew a guy online some years ago, he lived in a middle state (Idaho, maybe?). He had never seen someone of Asian ancestry. Never. He was so curious.

Anyway - wormwood, as you may know, is one of the key ingredients of real (original) absinthe, along with thujone, and other herbs. Interestingly, wormwood smells wonderful and makes a nice addition to essential oil, body butter, lotion, etc. Wormwood is one of the herbs in absinthe that causes the green hue.

Hugs from:
Aurelius710, MuddyBoots, Nammu

Thanks for this!
Aurelius710, MuddyBoots, Nammu