View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 21, 2022 at 05:59 AM

Hopefully I'll learn what the deal is with my health (and Hubby's health) sometime this month. We need another set of blood tests done soon. I don't expect anything amiss with a mammogram I need. No matter what, we'll deal with it. If I must change my diet more, I'll do it. Though I often need a big fire under my tush, once I do I tend to be dedicated. In the past I wasn't quite "over the edge" like I fear I might be (possible diabetes). I think if I am I will mean business about diet adjustments. It sucks that our medications make us so vulnerable! Also a family history of illnesses like diabetes type 2 and heart related problems. It sucks that I already have kidney damage from lithium, to boot. I think if it's not a person's "wonder drug", they might be best on a different med.

I confess that I really like my sweets, but at least I'm OK with sugar substitutes. I suppose I could go that route again, diabetes yet or not.

My period finally stopped, but probably because of the medication I was prescribed. We'll see what the problem is. My past two gynecologists didn't make a big deal about it. Negligence or were they right not to? I guess we've all had some alarmist doctors and some the opposite.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Nov 21, 2022 at 06:14 AM..

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, MuddyBoots, Nammu

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, BeyondtheRainbow, Nammu, ~Christina