View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Member Since May 2010
Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
53.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 23, 2022 at 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Beth* View Post

I love the scent of amber. The good old Berkeley head shop I mentioned is till going strong! They even have an online store now, sheesh

The only worthwhile place in this town imo (besides the movie theater, which really is a terrific place) is the grocery store which is, fortunately, very close to my apartment. It is pretty upscale (i.e., fairly pricey). But the staff is angelic, every one of them. I was 49 cents short 2 days ago - so one of the baggers says No problem! Pops 50 cents into the till. That's just how they are there. Lovely selection, sweet little cafe, beautiful bakery...and a section I'd call rich hippie stuff (products that used to be so out of the mainstream they were dirt-cheap and have now become so "in" they're priced over the top).

Anyway, they sell those little solid perfumes! I just don't use them any more (and I am guilty of ordering almost everything like that online now), so I haven't really paid attention to which scents they have or cost. I sure will, though, next time I shop there.
I know! Co-ops used to be a place to save money now they are so expensive. There’s times I really miss how I used to live but geez I can’t afford that life style now! I’m glad you’ve got a good grocery store that’s so kind.

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*