View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 23, 2022 at 09:40 AM

Hubby and I had a pleasant afternoon. We managed to finally meet the parrot and zoo neighbor. We gave her 5 kg of the carrots. Soon after stepping into her compound I felt something rubbing against my leg. I looked down and it was...the lynx I mentioned a while back. I touched Hubby's arm and motioned downwards as it rubbed against his leg, too. Apparently "Gerry" was a rescue and is clearly quite a spoiled "kitty" (diminutive) as the neighbor calls him. During the visit she was petting him and even kissing him on the head. When he got annoyed at some things, he hissed, and the neighbor scolded him. We thought it best not to pet Gerry, but weren't really scared by the frequent leg rubs. It's so horrible that people think it's "cool" to adopt an animal like a lynx and not even know how to properly care for it. The zoo (neighbor and colleagues) had to save Gerry who was dangerously calcium deficient. Many animals are illegally smuggled in to various countries. And of course other rescues were also neglected with many traumatized.

The neighbor took us to see dozens and dozens of parrots of all kinds (budgies to amazons to macaws and cockatoos and more). She even had two kookaburras, which upon seeing I started to sing the song my great grandma taught me. It's a major place where she has employees and a veterinarian that are regularly there to help. Most birds are rescues. We also saw that she had two servals (another type of cat), but they were in very large caged areas. Her set up is nice for all of them, especially the servals. She said that "Gerry" sleeps in the house on the sofa. She also said that in the past, at one point she took care of four lion cubs on the property. Yesterday Hubby and I virtually "adopted" a parrot in need by making a contribution. She knew about it. I'm sure the neighbors all think she's a bit nutty.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Nov 23, 2022 at 10:00 AM..

Hugs from:
Aurelius710, BeyondtheRainbow, Fuzzybear, Nammu

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Aurelius710, Nammu, ~Christina