Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2022 at 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I am trying to heal myself and grow emotionally, and it is a huge challenge. It’s been a sporadic, frustrating, confusing journey with therapists. I finally have one now, just had one session and can’t see them again until the end of the year because they are so booked up. I am hopeful about this one. The diagnoses given during that time, though varied, were essentially correct. I really understand it now. It’s really difficult because there’s me and then there’s the pathology of the others who are closest family and have conflict with me.

The toxic back/forth relationship is called approach avoidant repetition compulsion. I have been stuck in this for decades and am desperately trying to stop the dysfunction while staying in the relationship. It’s been three days without incident and counting…
I just looked up avoidant repetition compulsion. I can see what you mean about the pathology that is explained. It helped me understand how some people will never change and why they pic certain relationship partners.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
TishaBuv