Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2022 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
I was just at the gym and looked around at all the people, mostly in their 20's and 30's. I wondered if THEY have family gatherings planned tomorrow, and if so, are they looking forward to it or is it a chore....

Many years ago I remember how a co-worker said he was just going to order a pizza and watch football with a buddy or two. A lot of us thought that was sad and we told him we felt bad for him. In hindsight, maybe that's what he wanted. Maybe he was estranged from family or whatnot. They could be too far away to travel to, maybe it's too costly or the weather is bad or something. So many possibilities.

I'm not going to the gym tomorrow. It would be great to blow off steam but they are only open a half day. I used to go years ago, but I stopped because it's just too crowded and packed. I either wait for a machine awhile or I don't get on it at all.. They are open 364 days a year; Christmas is the only day they close.

I forgot to say that August is my favorite month, because there's no holidays. Every other month has one, whether a legal one or not. So I wouldn't want Christmas to be moved to August. It's the only breather I get.

Sept has Labor Day, so there would be two holidays if they moved Christmas.

Since I'm not a night person I'm signing off now. I just had to post that while it was on my mind, before I forget!
Yeah I can understand feeling bad for your coworker, you're right in the fact that it may be what he wanted. Some people truly like being alone, maybe his family also just simply didn't celebrate the holidays. I will say between Thanksgiving and Christmas, Thanksgiving is the more tolerable of the two. It's a one day and done holiday, it's not dragged out like Christmas and there's no obligation to buy people gifts.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
nonightowl