Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2022 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
I always tried to be diplomatic with my assertiveness even way back in grade school (almost 70 now). Many took that as not meaning what I said. They regretted pushing the issue because when pushed past my boundary they soon learned to never do it again. There were times when hearing people say "don't mess with her" I knew my point had come across loud & clear. Growing up I pretty much had to stand alone & even during my marriage. Took me quite awhile to learn over the last 15 years what it is like to have people standing there with me & some people are still learning not to mess with me but now I have a strong community standing with me
That's good you've learned to be assertive. Yeah I try to be diplomatic too since I don't want to come off as overly rude or arrogant when I'm being assertive. That's another reason I'm not very assertive because I don't want people to see me as rude or arrogant. Unfortunately I have seen people who are very arrogant try to play the assertive card to get their way so that's why I'm careful to not cross that line.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn