Blue_Bird is ready for recovery!

10 yr Member
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 24, 2022 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes psychotic View Post
I reached out to almost everyone this year. One of my aunts said hello a couple days ago by a single text and one of my friends sent a photo text. I feel like during Covid everyone isolated to their immediate family units and they got used to it. I think some people are also experiencing social anxiety for the first time and I get that too so I reached out. Most people responded. Sometimes you have to be the one making an effort to connect even though it’s harder for us. Of course I’m thankful I have the bf to spend time with too but I found myself really missing home cooking today, we did reheat a catered grocery turkey but it just wasn’t the same. I should’ve made some more sides than the potatoes and stuffing. Of course the food will never replace the people I’ve lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the thing, I make an effort to connect all the time, I invite her over, she's too busy or she changes plans immdiatley the day of. She never makes an effort to reach out, it's always me reaching out to see how she's doing or tell her congrats or have a good holiday

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi

Hugs from:
Desoxyn, Sometimes psychotic