View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,869 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 25, 2022 at 09:47 AM

It was a really special Thanksgiving for us. I was able to make the dinner without all the struggle of the past because my mother was not here. I feel really bad for her because she’s been crying to everyone that she has been left all alone, she’s “already dead”. They chose to stay living where they are. I chose to move to where my kids are. I had every right to do that, and I am so glad I did. I do feel bad my folks were not able to be present for our family gathering, but honestly it would have been so hard if they were. I am in a tiny apartment. We were practically like clowns in a clown car yesterday. My elderly parents really couldn’t have physically been able to be in the room. My son even brought his large dogs. There was barely room to walk around the makeshift table, practically on top of the sofa, lol. But, I called my mother and everyone said hello to her.

Interestingly, there has been no more struggle with my husband over holidays since we moved. It was the triangulation of him and her struggling for control in the past. Nearly every holiday I ended up having an emotional meltdown prior to the meal, which I always managed to pull off nicely in the end. This year, no fuss no muss, really nice and special time with our family. Also, our first grandchild is about to be born!

All is well atm with the challenging relationships. I even extended an olive branch to sister S, who simply gave my text a like. Fine. It is what it is.

Last edited by TishaBuv; Nov 25, 2022 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: Add more
TishaBuv is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Mendingmysoul, Open Eyes, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, unaluna