Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 25, 2022 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
Yeah that is true, some people really need to learn the hard way. I see what you mean by not caring as much as you get older, I'm that way to a certain extent when it comes to people my own age. I'm not afraid to tell it like it is in a tactful manner, some people need the wake up call. It's dealing with people much older that I need to work on, I need to work on being more verbally assertive without them trying to make me look bad because they perceive me as being disrespectful even though I'm an adult as well since some older adults still see adults at least 10 years younger than them as children in a sense and there's even been some older adults that talked to me the same way you would talk to a child which isn't appropriate and that's one of the places I need to draw the line at.
The problem these days especially is that people "any age" see people who disagree with them as being disrespectful (or worse). The way society has changed makes me even less caring whether I disagree or not. In some ways it has made me more vocal because I don't want my silence to be seen as agreement or conscent to their way of thinking. Yep, more conflict but with more practice I am getting even better at it & my voice even stronger than it has been

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, Discombobulated, MuseumGhost, rdgrad15