LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 27, 2022 at 12:41 PM

Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a Citizen watch for my 30th birthday.

I've read a lot of back and forth about buying a watch these days--most people own smartphones (I do) which can tell time and more, but with a watch you can check the time without obnoxiously pulling out a smartphone, like at school or work. A watch can give a good impression to a potential employer--that you are conscientious and punctual. It is also a good fashion statement and a thing you can pass down to generations. A watch is also a good milestone gift if you don't want a ring or a necklace but want something very nice to celebrate a milestone.

But, watches have downfalls. Most watches only tell time or have a stopwatch function. To me, smart watches are expensive but don't have the same wow factor as a nice watch and gives the impression you're overly dependent on technology. If you buy a very nice watch and get it wet, you ruin it. They can also get dinged and scratched easily, and they can run out of battery quickly.

So what do you think--do you own a watch and use it regularly? What do you like about your watch? What kind of watch do you have? Do you think a watch would be a nice present for myself for my 30th birthday?
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Ford Puma, mote.of.soul, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
Ford Puma, MuseumGhost