View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 29, 2022 at 02:28 AM

Well, I'm up late with my girl Sidney because her glucose number has dropped a bit lower than I like. So we're doing testing every 1/2 hour for a while. She's actually "earned" a lower insulin dose, it seems!

I had an excellent appointment with M. today (therapist). This has been such a darn rough season for me (as most of you are more than aware ). M. firmly believes I need increases in 1 or 2 meds and wants to speak with med dude. She doesn't want him to keep passing my depression/anxiety off as "Well, that sounds like you need to use your tools." She has been with me through 4 of these fall season hells and takes them seriously as far as being biological in nature. M. is so diplomatic and validating, I know she'll be able to speak with med dude in a way that won't insult him, but will share info with him that will be helpful.

I called this morning and amazingly, was able to get an earlier appointment with med dude for Wednesday. I'm going to go in, rather than do a phone call, and give him M.'s business card so he has her phone number, full name, photograph, etc.

Oh! And M. & I talked over my appointment with Dr. D. (the addiction guy). Nah, not going to continue with him. We agreed that he's probably put off by the BD diagnosis; that and his harsh manner...not the right fit for me. It was such an upsetting experience, but now I feel settled with it. The good that came of it is that I am decreasing the K-pin by a bit. It's a start.

Hugs from:
Aurelius710, Mountaindewed, MuddyBoots, Nammu