Thread: Paxil timeline
View Single Post
lemonSys

Member Since Nov 2022
228 hugs
given
Default Nov 29, 2022 at 03:46 AM

In a word, no - this does not mean that it won’t work at all. Technically - according to the medical people - you need to allow 6 weeks for a med to reach full “potential”.

Also, as I understand it, a med’s effectiveness is usually based on blood levels - meaning the med needs to reach - and maintain at - a “certain amount” in the system. This “certain amount” is different for everyone. And, again as I understand it, medical folks can provide a range of values for that “certain amount” to achieve effectiveness - called a “therapeutic level” - but, at best, those are guesstimates.

I’m not sure about this either, but I think you may need to allow for a bit more than 6 weeks due to you’re not being at the 30mg for very long - this relates to the “certain amount” around in your system.

And, there is always the potential that 30mg may not work, but, for example, 50mg would (I don’t know the dosing amounts of Paxil - the point is an increase in dose of same med may prove beneficial) - again related to reaching a thereputic level. This point I actually do know to be true to an extent - I have experienced this with meds, though not with Paxil specifically.

I also know for a fact that waiting on a med to see if it will help or not is excruciating. All I can say is hang in, be patient…you just never know!

— lemonSys

Thanks for this!
MuddyBoots