Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,869 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 30, 2022 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
What you describe Tisha reminds me of my mother who wanted my father to see her and be more emotionally available. He always fell short, even when I tried to explain to him, he just could not provide her with the kind of romance she wanted from him.

My parents were conservative, however, my mother was one of many who was unknowingly influenced by many liberal messages produced by old Hollywood that seduced so many women into the glamour and romance and magic that even the gifted actors themselves never achieved in reality. In reality many of these talented artistic individuals lived very challenged lives.
I agree, it is like I need a fantasy from the movies to feel love. But, it’s really not a grand gesture that I need, it is genuine emotional availability. For me, it feels like it is phoney or empty with him. It was not this way with him in the beginning. It became this way with him because his attitude changed. He was put through the wringer at his job and was obsessed and angry about that, so stopped feeling sensual- the honeymoon was over. Then it was me feeling off about the physical after childbirth. Something went awry in me physically and emotionally.

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes