View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,892 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Nov 30, 2022 at 05:59 PM

I’m not married. I know if one goes on SSDI they are automatically enrolled in Medicare even if not that magical age of 65. If you inherit money you get dropped from Medicaid and food stamps unless disabled. And that’s hard to qualify for with all the proof the government demands of medical conditions.

MoodyBlue I agree that name is a misnomer. There’s certainly no security in it. What a joke. I think EVERYTHING in this country needs revamping. The entire system. The SS might have worked for previous generations but then again the cost of living wasn’t what it is now. There are more and more luxury buildings going up here while more tents appear at the same time. So many people on the streets because they can’t afford a place to live and have no family. The safety nets are inadequate whether for unemployment or rental assistance or what not.

Companies make people fend for themselves when it comes to retirement now.

This entire country has been in the toilet for many decades I think. And I feel somebody is trying to make this a country for rich people only. It’s like
a dystopian or science fiction novel or movie.

———
Posted directly on site using iphone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
moodyblue83, pachyderm