View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
262 hugs
given
Default Dec 03, 2022 at 08:20 AM

So I asked the ENT for the test and her NP told me I had already had it. I nicely told her I had not and included the link because she obviously doesn't know what she is talking about... and they didn't respond to me for a week. So I went to another ENT.

So apparently ENTs are just rude. This new one was rude too and was 30 minutes late to the appointment. I included the information from the other ENT and she didn't even read it and was going to give me a scope -- again. I told her no.

So I am set up for the test I wanted but I have a feeling she is going to make it as nasty as possible for me. She told me she would have to pack my nose with medication to numb my nose. That irritates me. The video didn't have that. I feel like that is something she is doing to make me pay for daring to question an ENT. They also use a nebulizer to put the medication down my throat.

And after she did her own exam she wanted to do something different... a barium swallow x ray. I told her no. A barium swallow xray won't turn up Esophegal Cancer and the entire reason I am here is because everyone told me I MUST get checked up for EC when I have trouble swallowing. So I don't see the point in another test that will not rule EC out.

Once I rule EC out, who really cares why I am having trouble swallowing. I mean I think personally it is related to menopause and less saliva in my mouth. I would prefer not to put barium in me to find out nothing. This is another reason I want Trans-nasal esophagoscopy (TNE) - because it involves zero toxins.

Last edited by NatalieJastrow; Dec 03, 2022 at 08:32 AM..
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote