View Single Post
treloarbabe

Member Since Apr 2012
35 hugs
given
Default Dec 04, 2022 at 05:27 PM

Thanks All! Basically my T takes 10 weeks of holiday off a year.

This is no problem!!

However, it does mean that when she's working I do not like to miss appointments as basically she only ever works 6 or 7 weeks before she's off again.

I am severely disabled requiring 24 hour care. I will basically have the physical care needs of a baby all my life.

Sometimes due to my disability, or due to my carers commitments, I may have to swap appointments. My T facilitates this but begrudgingly, she huffs and puffs and makes me feel naughty.

In my view, if I ever felt able to miss my appointments for my own reasons, in addition to the 20 I miss because of her (I see her twice a week) then that would mean I would miss her 20 + my own like 10 which would amount to 30, then I would be in a position to stop altogether, because in my opinion, if you can go 30 weeks without something happily, then you don't really need to be spending your money on it on a regular basis do you?

She makes a big thing of me never wanting to cancel, always reschedule but why would I want to cancel when she already takes 10 weeks off anyway? If I was in a position to be cancelling my appointments in addition to the 20 sessions/10weeks she already takes off, then I would not need counselling and would not be paying her in the first place. I'd be spending my money on other things.

I just feel low and as if she's a bit naive, a bit dense, not understanding my disability and not really making reasonable adjustments with grace.

It also takes her about 3 minutes to roll up the carpet and move the chair before I can enter the room every time..

I just feel low about it, she says it's black and white thinking, to me it's logical. I wouldn't be paying her if I didn't need counselling and why should I not try and rearrange rather than cancel when I know we miss 20 sessions due to her anyway.

Doesn't help we are working on trauma at the moment! How long do your therapists take off per year?
treloarbabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AnaWhitney, ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight