View Single Post
TheEbonyEwe

Member Since Dec 2013
152 hugs
given
Default Dec 06, 2022 at 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
My daughter doesn’t have a personality disorder but she does have bipolar and addiction issues. When she was 21 she was picked up for a dwi. We made the decision to not bail her out. She says now that that was a wake up call that she needed. She had to face the consequences and she got serious about cleaning up her act. She’s 40 now, stable, working, married and has two adorable kids. It’s tough not to bail them out but it’s got to be done.

Your daughter knows she’s emotionally manipulating you. You do need to cut the ties. No more rescuing the animals call the humane society and report her. She needs the consequences. Tell the relatives you’re doing what’s in her best interest.
I guess that is what it is going to come down to. I've started to mentally prepare myself for that awful call from the authorities.

The only good thing is that we moved 4 states away from her so that Mommy can't come rescue her anymore. It's been a blessing because I'm not immediately available to mooch off of. the disasters still happen, but only once a month now, not every week.

I got a question: Is it bad if I stop answering her phone calls and insist she texts instead? That way I don't have to hear the screaming and crying tactics? Also, if I need to contact her, I always have to text and she never answers them for days, sometimes weeks if I ask again.
TheEbonyEwe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna