View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
4,819 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Dec 06, 2022 at 01:02 PM

I've been binging/purging on and off for the past ten years. Now there's blood in my vomit. I'm at a healthy weight but at one point when I wasn't doing it I was obese (and I lost a lot of weight through the b/p and felt great about it).
I'm terrified if I stop I'll go back to being obese (which was caused by antipsychotics in the first place). I'd rather have a healthy BMI but vomiting blood than being current weight+more pounds.

I have a goal weight and my pdoc said it was underweight and not feasible. I was there this time last year doing what I'm doing now (just with more restricting) so I know it's feasible if I can manage to restrict just a bit more.

Ugh I feel so ambivalent. I feel out of control binging, then I purge and feel the greatest sense of relief ever, then guilt sets in. And the obsession with numbers. There's so much anxiety about food, and I can't imagine that ever going away even if I'm eating "healthily."

I also fear if I need more intensive treatment my family will find out and "police" me and my eating habits. I've hidden it extremely well so far.

I don't expect anyone to respond to this since the forum's pretty dead, but thanks if you do give some thoughts. Just kinda journaling to the public here.

And shatter all the bones
So I could never strum again
MuddyBoots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Skeezyks