given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 07, 2022 at 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
How you doing @TishaBuv?
Thanks for asking, HH.

I’m a lost fart in a windstorm.

Actually, that was an expression my sister S made up, and a running joke in our family.

My husband and I are hunkered down in an apartment, basically just watching constant tv. The pandemic didn’t help. I need to figure out something to do with myself to individuate.

An opportunity has just arisen. My son, who is about to have a baby, asked if we would be willing to baby sit a few days a week so they both can work. He texted that question to my h, who had texted him to ask if she was in labor yet. My h’s attitude is one of feeling put upon, not wanting to baby sit. He didn’t want to “baby sit” his own kids. And yes, he did call it “baby sit”.

He tried to involve me in the text, and I told him I would speak to my son and DIL at a later time myself.

I’m actually very happy about the idea, that they asked, that they want my involvement, that I can have involvement with my son and grandchild. I am also seeing this as an opportunity to individuate from my husband. I was thinking I could get a job, and this could essentially be a job for me.

I plan to discuss it with them to see what they have in mind. I am being very cautions because I do not want anything to become problematic. The last thing I want is a rift with them.

I’m imagining I would be spending time in their house with the baby. I would like to do this without my husband being there. He could stay home or do whatever he wants and I could be over there.

Hugs from:
Have Hope, unaluna