Christina86
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2006
2,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 03, 2008 at 09:35 PM

Hi, I'm Christina!

I've been a part of PC for a few years now and it's been great. I feel honoured to be part of a great team of moderators and administrators here. I stumbled across this site back in February 2006, and I've been here ever since!

I'm 24 years old, and I live in Ontario, Canada. I have my Bachelors degree in psychology, and am currently pursuing a Social Service Worker diploma in college so I can go into a career helping others.

I was born with a physical disability (Spina Bifida) and I use a manual wheelchair. That doesn't slow me down at all, and I love being able to educate people about my point of view and my life experiences as a 'disabled' woman.

I've been in counselling for various issues (self-esteem, self-injury, and depression to name a few) for three years now. It's been rough at times, but overall I can say that finding PC and starting to discover who I am as a person (and admitting that I needed some help) was very beneficial to my growth as a person.

I love to volunteer and give some time and effort to different organizations and causes, so I love to be here where I can give back to the community. I love to read and whenever I'm not studying, I'm probably on my computer, watching tv or a movie, or spending some time with my friends and family. I *really* love animals and being outside. I love to laugh, listen to different sorts of music (I have eclectic tastes), and I love to write and paint.

I'm not entirely sure what else to say here, but if you ever want to ask a question - please do! I will hopefully be able to relate some personal experience, or help you find any answers you're seeking. I'm also always willing to listen if you need someone to talk to. My PM box is always open and I love hearing from people!

Have a beautiful day!

Last edited by Christina86; Oct 11, 2010 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: update!

Hugs from:
deewock60, ethanbridges, Fuzzybear, GardenLady59, happysobercrafter, LadyShadow, LeeeLeee, Lexi232, Lilly2, MickeyCheeky, MuseumGhost, notz, nushi, Pikku Myy, Stressed34

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, babygirl2201028, Christina86, Crew, darkpurplesecrets, ethanbridges, FooZe, forever mom 1968, Fox, Fuzzybear, Gabi925, GardenLady59, gma45, happysobercrafter, LadyShadow, LeeeLeee, Lexi232, Lilly2, lynn09, mel80, MickeyCheeky, MuseumGhost, notz, optimize990h, pegasus, phoenix7, reneesparkle, ResaLock, sabby, Seshat, shezbut, SophiaFlying, Stressed34, Travelinglady, Wren_