View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 11, 2022 at 05:58 PM

I'm hoping some of you see this and will give me an opinion. I could post on the Psychotherapy board but you guys know me here and I don't want pages of opinions, just a bit of feedback.

I mentioned, a page or 2 back, about my most recent session with Mary (therapist). She spent 3/4+ of the session talking about her cat, the vet visit, the high cost of the vet care, how she had to "dip into her savings," and that she thought of me and what would I do because she knows I don't have the money for that kind of care for my cats. (She's correct and she knows how much that worries me.)

I was terribly upset (triggered) by the session, her personal disclosure was not only common, but very inappropriate. I sat there, frozen. I left upset, I'm still upset. I'm scheduled to see Mary tomorrow. I don't want to go to the appointment. I'm tired of setting out for a session with an agenda of topics I want to discuss only to spend the session listening to Mary chat about her personal stuff, as if I'm her girlfriend.

I could go tomorrow and tell her that the session was very upsetting for me. I could take a break and cancel. It's a bit ridiculous, because her birthday is Thursday and she will be working. I'd feel weird to skip tomorrow then go in on Thursday and bring up such a negative issue on her birthday.

I'd appreciate hearing any ideas. Thanks.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Fuzzybear, Mountaindewed, MuddyBoots, wildflowerchild25