Biba_yu

Member Since Apr 2016
48 hugs
given
Default Dec 13, 2022 at 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
@Biba_yu
I know.🙏 One reason is that sometimes people are afraid to turn people in, in case of revenge. Or maybe none or very few people have actually complained to the police. Maybe give the police a call every day until they take action. And does your building have a building manager Biba_yu? This person needs to know that tenants aren't happy with the noise. The building manager should be proactive about stopping the fireworks. It's obviously terribly noisy and a fire hazard too.

I hope you get yourself a packet of the foam earplugs very soon Biba_yu. I'm real sorry about the firecrackers but hopefully things will change in time. Just hold on a bit longer.🙏
It's not that, it's the fact that anyone could drop the firecracker and disappear. It's difficult to find the one who did it. That's why probably no one bothers, not even police. I bough foam earplugs just like the one you showed on picture and I also bought wireless earbuds for music but I am disappointed in there because they lose contact with computer the second I leave the room. Their scope is really poor. Luckily they were cheap (maybe that's why they have bad scope). But better than nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool09 View Post
I suffered from sensitivity to noise (and agitation) 20 yrs ago, it was horrible! I couldn't live in apartments with all the noise (children running around, stereos, etc.). In the hospital every noise startled me. Sensitivity to noise can be a symptom of bipolar disorder or depression or other disorders. My sensitivity finally stopped several yrs ago, thank god. Geodon stopped my agitation in its tracks.
I know how it feel. I think it's called misophonia. At first I was agitated by everything, sounds of doors slummed shut, banging with hammer, dragging chairs over the hard floor... it was overwhelming! But I managed to block some of it out by music or headset and various other ways. Sometimes, if there are loud repairs or works around if I can I leave for a long walk. Problem with firecrackers is the sudden extremely loud sound and the anticipation of next explosion. It also quite reminds me of war days, especially fireworks so it's also triggering to me. For now, I just try to block it with everything I can, earplugs, antiphones, music.. whatever works. But it's exhausting because I crave silence especially when I am tired and just want some peace.
I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety by several doctors, no one mentioned bipolar but I was always wondering... can they miss that? I have episodes when I am super happy then suddenly drop into depression, but it's mild and not that obvious and it can be missed. I don't know if that is a symptom though.
Biba_yu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl