View Single Post
bide

Member Since Mar 2020
26 hugs
given
Default Dec 14, 2022 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
You didn't mention your husband's age. Things that come to mind for me (as an older man) include: depression & / or anxiety... (possibly related to work?) prescription medications, erectile dysfunction (or fear of it), loss of libido due to approaching (or entering) middle age (mid-life crisis), low testosterone, guilt over something you, perhaps, don't know about (an office affair... perhaps over but still causing your husband to feel guilty but not being willing to talk about it with you?)

The one thing I think I know is, if your husband won't talk about it and won't seek help for whatever is going on, there's perhaps little or nothing you can do to remedy the situation. My best wishes to you both though.
Thank you. I'm grateful to hear your thoughts on this. Many of those things you mentioned might be what he is experiencing (though I don't think he's had an affair). He is turning 50 this next year. I am in my mid-thirties, so there is an age gap, as well.

Maybe he is talking about it, but I haven't been able to relate what he is saying to sex, where for him it is very related. I suppose what is distressing is that his complaints are things I can't change or do anything about. For me sex is about the relationship between the two of us, but for him it seems to be about his relationship with the rest of the world.
bide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks