View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,172 hugs
given
Default Dec 18, 2022 at 04:27 AM

You may be able to find help if, as Skeezyks pointed out, you live in a major metro area. The way to go about it is to act like an educated consumer looking to be even more educated. So you interview therapists presenting the issue, such as, by way of an example, "I dream of having sex with underage girls but have never acted on it nor plan to ever act on it. I am looking to... What is your experience with this issue? How many people have you helped? What have been the outcomes for them? What are your methods? How long has it taken to reach a positive outcome? Do you have a community of peers to lean on in case my issue presents challenges you are not familiar with? When were you last in supervision? How do you go about continuing education?" etc. you get the point.

If you go about it as if you were making a confession and fearing judgment, you might be exploited by an unqualified person who cannot help you but will take your money, energy, and time, which you will never get back. But if you approach it as you would approach looking for some very rare material object on the market, you might succeed.

Of course, you have my sympathy and I also agree with Skeezyks that you deserve a badge of honor. Those of us with sexual tastes that are regular and traditional have never walked your difficult path.
Tart Cherry Jam is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
Humpty Dumpty