View Single Post
steelmagnolia65

Member Since Dec 2022
39 hugs
given
Default Dec 18, 2022 at 12:22 PM

I know this is an older thread, but just wanted to add something.

TMS and ketamine treatment have both been suggested to me by various psychiatrists, so I have researched some, into both treatments.

When I looked into ketamine treatment, I found it was too costly for me to afford.....But, I think if you can afford it, it's certainly worth a try.....As for how effective ketamine treatment is, I read that in some early studies, about 50-70% people experienced significant improvement in depression symptoms........However, research is still ongoing as to how safe and effective ketamine would be over the long term.

When looking into TMS treatment, I found it was also too expensive for me........I did find some statistics on TMS, as to how effective it is......According to what I read, about 50-60% of people experience at least some improvement.......And also, in the people who did experience improvement, about 1/3 of them experienced significant improvement.......TMS is worth a try also, in my opinion.

Diagnoses:
Major Depressive Disorder (treatment-resistant)
Anxiety/Panic Disorder (treatment- resistant}
OCD (treatment-resistant)
Agoraphobia (treatment-resistant)
Chronic Insomnia (able to sleep with current medication)

Last edited by steelmagnolia65; Dec 18, 2022 at 12:38 PM..
steelmagnolia65 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote