Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
437 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 20, 2022 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
It may not be a case of a diagnoses that is the source behind relationship issues. The diagnosis could be for the other person who has not sought help, so undiagnosed. It could also be a relationship with an antagonistic person, their personality style, a conflict of both people’s personality styles.

I have been obsessively trying to sort it out for myself as well (even have been diagnosed yet not sure if originated within me or the worst brought in me by the antagonistic person’s behavior).

I do find this site helpful and also enjoy knowing the different people here. I am very isolated, too.
My biggest struggles are with having to acknowledge that there will always be antagonistic people in my life... and knowing how to deal with that fact and responding in ways that don't end up hurting me. I struggle with how to set boundaries with antagonistic people. I do admit that sometimes I do bring problems on myself... but it's also true that sometimes I am a victim - or perhaps I should say that there are times when people attempt to victimize me.

I'm talking here of close relationships(friends, spouse, family members), acquaintances, and even strangers at times.

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated