View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 21, 2022 at 12:10 PM

I ended up falling back asleep thankfully after I did laundry. I really needed it. I eventually woke up at 9:30am. I got a surge protector for my Christmas tree which I’ve needed, so I have it lit up now.

Not much going on today. Just relaxing, yesterday in therapy kind of brought up some stuff that kind of gave me a hard time sleeping last night, I was kind of going over and reliving the past in my head till I finally fell asleep. Couldn’t manage to distract myself.

I’m working on coping skills though, we talked about grounding techniques. One thing I do is hold a ziplock bag filled with ice cubes in my hand or on my neck and that helps me when I’m panicking or dissociating.

Exercise helps too but I can’t seem to motivate myself to do it the past couple days. So I’m trying to focus on the digimon anime because that is lighthearted and makes me happy. I might draw or color or something. Work on improving my drawing, learning through art tutorials. Or play some ukulele. Just positive mindful distractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, Breaking Dawn, Desoxyn