View Single Post
Apogee

Member Since Dec 2022
6 hugs
given
Default Dec 23, 2022 at 09:06 PM

@BarlimanButterbur
I'm glad I could offer some insight that will be of use to you. You make a good point about social media. We're living in an age where anyone can communicate with another person without taking responsibility for what results from their behavior or opinions. Personally, I divide social media sites/groups into 5 categories: There are those which promote kindness, civility, growth and positive human interactions; useful sites that explain things such as astronomy, history, art, or how to unclog a pipe or cook a roast; those that are a chatter of countless opinions coming from countless different types of people that are nothing more than a brawl; sites that provide nothing more than confirmation to a bias; and finally, deceptive sites that lure a person in by leading them to believe thoughtful opinions, factual information, healthy camaraderie, and fairness are promoted as a core value. A challenge is that often sites these days have so many different forums and so much user provided content that one has to work really hard to separate wheat from chaff. It seems social media is an ocean that often can be hard to navigate.

Hugs from:
BarlimanButterbur