View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary
TishaBuv It’s mostly them, and somewhat me.

8 yr Member
1,847 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 26, 2022 at 01:46 PM

It is just a failure to be on the same page with communication and understanding. It’s been extremely frustrating to say the least, because I have effectively communicated infinitely, repetitively then had meltdowns. IDK if I had underlying mental health issues before being with him, but I sure developed them while trying to cope with these confusing relationships.

For my survival moving forward, I am trying to look upon him as he has a cognitive disability that we do not understand, and just expect horrible communication. If I want something, I can ask plainly and he will give what he wants or can.

There are other difficult relationships in my family, too. Drama with mama atm. Awful, triggering story I will spare you all. I am handling it well and giving emotional support to my other sister, who is having a harder time with it. Other sister is downright adversarial. I am being properly acting, handing the situation as I would if it were professionally. It is the issues of other sister at play here, not anything done by us. I’m not sure if it is a mental health issue for her like avoidant PD or what. We all came from a trauma bond, dysfunctional FOO, so I have empathy for all.

Hugs from:
Open Eyes