Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Open Eyes Not a Unicorn, just another horse

10 yr Member
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 26, 2022 at 04:49 PM

I think it’s helpful to learn that others may not see and understand the world like we do.

Many tend to think in black and white believing that if another can’t see things like we do that they are doing so on purpose. This more often than not is simply not the case. And it doesn’t always boil down to one being a victim.

This is what I learned about my daughter when she was in first grade. Her teacher wanted her to read the morning message and her answer was a matter of fact “I can’t do that” and her teacher decided she was a dicipline problem. That was simply not the case and not her personality. It was Yale that tested her and explained to me her challenge. Also told me her IQ was actually very high.

It was not all too long ago children like her would have been punished and even ruined when they are often very brite and creative. A good example is Stephen Speilburge has dyslexia and look what he contributed.

Even in ones own family there can be different challenges that contribute to different behaviors along with different abilities to understand and communicate.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote