View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 27, 2022 at 11:50 AM

So I think I have BPD, I have had literally every symptom especially in my late teenage years. I'm not so much extremely reckless and impulsive anymore though. I stopped self harm (cutting), stopped impulsive sex, stopped purging, stopped experimenting recklessly with substances, haven't done any of that in many years. but I still have a lot of the other stuff, the more internal stuff. I used to be suicidal a lot and end up in the hospital a lot but I haven't been in the hospital since 2017. So in a lot of ways things have improved greatly over the years, however bringing up the traumas from my past in therapy finally has brought up a lot of negative emotions out the past two weeks. I haven't been doing anything reckless or impulsive anymore, even if sometimes the urges are there, I've learned to control my behavior over the years with therapy and doing a lot mindfulness/meditation/dbt/cbt self help stuff. But these past two weeks have been a literal ****ing tornado in my head and my emotions are all over

I asked my doctor about this awhile back and she said she didn't think so, however I guess the point is I have improved a lot over the years and the meds I'm on do help me. So I have no clue

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi

Last edited by Blue_Bird; Dec 27, 2022 at 12:04 PM..
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, cogladaid, Desoxyn, WastingAsparagus